Monday, December 15, 2008

Cakes are Educational

Because my government teacher is my government teacher, she has decided to teach us about federalism by having us bake metaphorical cakes for extra credit. I am making a particularly delicious model of "layer-cake federalism." As I was icing it, I decided that perhaps a decorative witticism of some sort would be in order. Feeling uncreative, I simply googled "jokes about federalism."

Cats and kittens! No such things exist! Google results were zero. Clearly, federalism is no laughing matter. (Good title for a John Adams biography?)

Of course, now that I have posted this observation, there will be at least one hit for "jokes about federalism." For those of you joining me from across the interwebs in search of obscure political humor, I welcome you and I feel your pain. But I still can't find anything funny about federalism.

Something tells me there is an important lesson here, but I am not sure what it is.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi. Let's take over the internet or something.